Thank you for choosing Syracuse Community Health Center as your primary healthcare team.
Syracuse Community Health Center was founded on the belief that all individuals should receive quality health care services, especially those who might otherwise not have access to care. We are committed to providing individuals and families with comprehensive, coordinated care at 11 locations in Syracuse and Onondaga County. To help us do this, we have adopted a model of healthcare delivery called the patient-centered medical home.
In a patient-centered medical home, your care is delivered by a team lead by your primary care provider. This team works closely with you and your family to help you achieve the best possible health outcomes. SCHC also offers integrated behavioral health services within our locations.
As part of SCHC’s medical home, your care team:
- Is available when you need us. We have regular and extended office hours and access to clinical advice is available 24/7.
- Works to know you and your health history so we can suggest treatment options that are best for your health.
- Will focus on preventive care to keep you as healthy as possible.
- Makes sure that you understand your condition(s) and how to best take care of yourself. We help you
understand your care options and help you make decisions about your care.
- Helps you coordinate your health care within the SCHC system as well as within our extensive network of specialists and other health care facilities.
- Uses technology to share records to help eliminate duplicate testing and make sure that all your health records are maintained in one place.